Week Eats

Happy day, it’s the weekend! tumblr_nimwcm5NTA1r320t0o1_1280

Mom’s been in town for a few days doing a sewing class in Mobile, we’ve loved being together and have been eating lots of yummy suppers!
IMG_0102 (1)

When Bowen heard mom would be here a few nights he immediately requested her fried shrimp..

IMG_4601

It may be my very favorite thing in the world. This is my mimi’s recipe my mom grew up eating on the gulf coast

IMG_4603

I have been drinking twice a day kale smoothies to balance out these yummy treats. IMG_4595

Yesterday am I marinated crab claws so they would be ready for an after sewing/work day app. Lots of fresh herbs, a little minced garlic, lemon and olive was the perfect compliment to one of our favorite foods.

IMG_4611

Last night we grilled miso glazed cobia (we got from the same seafood market we bought the shrimp)..along with grilled napa cabbage SO GOOD. Anyone want the recipe? leave a comment below including the recipes you would like to see more of and I will post!

IMG_4618

IMG_4622

Run recap: Still feeling really good running! This am I went with a friend which always makes the time fly

FullSizeRender-37

This afternoon I whipped up a batch of these fudgy sweet potatoes (recipe HERE) for my mom to try. They are so.so.so good. I could eat every bite in one sitting!!

IMG_4625

IMG_4627

IMG_4636

Be back soon with recipes, enjoy this spring weather!

Related posts:

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.

7 Responses to “Week Eats”

1. Pam Upchurch
    April 15, 2016 at 4:44 pm #

Maggie, would love to have the cabbage recipe along with the marinated crab claw recipe. Thank you so much!!! Oh & the kale smoothie if possible!?!??

• Maggie Weir
      April 20, 2016 at 11:58 pm #

Hey Pam! Great idea!! I will be posting the smoothie and crab claw recipes so soon..thanks for reading:)!!

2. mollie fields
    April 15, 2016 at 4:45 pm #

yes yes cabbage recipe!!
    You are making me want fried shrimp!

3. Linda Gatlin
    April 15, 2016 at 8:16 pm #

Please send the cabbage recipe. it looks so good and would love to have the recipe for your moms Shrimp…

thanks,
    Linda

• Maggie Weir
      April 20, 2016 at 11:59 pm #

Hey Linda! Fried shrimp recipe is on the blog! Type in search bar and should show up:) Let me know what you think!

4. April 19, 2016 at 1:37 am #

All of these sound amazing! Excited you posted the cabbage recipe. Would love the crab claw and miso cobia recipe! What seafood market do you use? Does your mom use cracker meal in your fried shrimp? They look similar to my Gammy’s…and they are delicious too!

• Maggie Weir
      April 20, 2016 at 11:57 pm #

Hey Elizabeth!! Have loved looking at your blog and your precious family. So much sweetness 🙂

Usually Mosleys or Billy’s Seafood in Bon Secour but this time we went to Daphne seafood on 181. Really good! Mom uses half cornmeal half flour in her recipe. Hard to beat fried shrimp!

%d bloggers like this: